Monday, January 18, 2010
Beginning Semester Reflection
Technology is an ever present tool in the lives of younger generations. Technology allows for teachers to reach out to their students and change the way the two communicate and learn from one another. Younger generations are involved with many new technologies and technology is one of the more stimulating tools in younger children's lives. If we, as teachers, can learn how to properly integrate technology into our lessons, we will have a much greater impact on our students lives and learning styles. I believe technology can be a great asset and teaching tool. Many people believe that technology is to present and takes away from the interaction of teacher to teacher and student to student. I believe, in society, people must adapt and change to the times. Technology and the new advancements should be embraced and integrated into the teaching process. If technology will help the the students become more engaged and give them the necessary tools to become successful in life, then we should do our best to learn how to teach with these new technological advancements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is very clearly and thoughtfully stated. I agree completely that we, as people, teachers, and students, must adapt to the times. And I most certainly agree that if there is relevance to using technology in the lives of our students (which there is) then it is a must use in the classroom. Giving students relevant information in irrelevant formats doesn't get the students anywhere. Nicely said.
ReplyDeleteJordan H