Kentwood High School Website
Kentwood High School is where I both went to school and would like to student teach. I was able to access their website and found many interesting and useful information. I believe that having a website that is readily accessible and easy to use is a great tool for both parents and students.
There were many aspects of the Kentwood website that I really enjoyed. One feature that does not pertain to the learning aspect that i especially liked was the Alumni pages they had. In the Alumni pages, students from my class, or any other class, post their email addresses in their year of graduation and I was able to find some old friends and get into contact with some of them. Another aspect of the website that I liked and felt was appropriate was the posting of the student handbook. In this handbook were the rules, expectations, policies, and procedures. This allows for anyone to view the rules that the school has and gives the school evidence that each student has access and knows what is expected of them in all aspects of being a student. I really thought that was the most important bit of information posted on the school website.
For the most part, there was not much confusion, while i was surfing their website. It is clearly labeled and links to everything and student or parent would need is listed on the side of the main website. It has been five years since i graduated and the school is now using Skyward to access student information. I am unfamiliar with this application and so I would say that the link to the Skyward page would be the most confusing to me.
I believe that this website has all the essential information that an individual would want while looking at the school online. The only thing i feel the website is missing out on is pictures. I had a hard time finding pictures to the campus and or the students who attend. The use of images could really help relate the viewers more to the school and the atmosphere. I believe that if i were able to make one suggestion that would be it, add more photos. Overall, i was pleased with the website and the information that was at hand to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment