Sunday, February 28, 2010

Promethean ActivBoard (Week 8)

Promethean ActivBoard

The Promethean ActivBoard is doing their best to help educate students through the use of technology. While reading through the statistics of the activboard i found that the use is wide spread throughout the world. I found it interesting that over 12 million students in over 500,000 classrooms across the world are using the activboards in their classrooms. I believe that is a sign of how technologically driven our students and society has become.

I also found out that the two premises that the activboards strive to build upon are no one understands teaching better than teachers and the best way to engage tech-savvy students is through technology. I believe that it is important to cater lessons to all students and all different learning styles, however, now more then ever students are learning more comfortable with the use of technology in some capacity.

Another aspect of this website is that it allows for teachers all across the world to share lesson plans and different ways to use the activboard within the classroom. I believe it is important to learn and build off what other great teachers have done. As a future educator i will find it extremely helpful to learn and build off lesson plans that other, more experienced teachers have done in the past.

I believe the activboard can be a great teaching tool and all teachers should look for opportunities to incorporate it into their classrooms. Students all over the world are responding to the use of technology in the classroom and we as future educators should do as much research as we can and learn how to help our future students learn through the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment