Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SMART Board Presentations (Week 6)

One of the things that I learned after watching the presentations today was the different types of activities that you can do with. What I learned is that you can play games, model sports, do power point slides, have interaction with the students and teach in many different forms. I also learned that you can use the interactive board in all subjects and at all grade levels. Each teacher has the ability to create a lesson that can incorporate the SMART Board. One aspect that i did not use in my presentation that i thought was cool was the ability to write out words by pen and have the board turn it into text. I really thought that feature was cool and could be useful.

In class today we saw that the boards do not always cooperate with what we as teachers want to do. The questions that i still have are how much stake do you put into the technology working well and how much work will it require to put back up plans and lessons in case of technical difficulties. In all lessons teachers must have back up plans and my question is how often does this technology go offline and possibly hurt and cut down learning time. Other then that i feel that the more i can learn about the interactive whiteboards the better the educator i can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment